This week has been really slow in terms of progress on the game. I have a rough idea of what I want to do so I know what I need to learn about the engine to get further but I've had to focus on other parts of my life this week.
BUT I did manage to do something!
Well, maybe not, but it's something.
I basically figured out how to create and animate a sprite using a spritesheet in Godot and then I started looking into TileMaps but I didn't get far as you can see in the gif above.
My goal for this week is to get a basic level done and a user interface so that I can focus on the final piece, enemies, next week!